Friday 21 September 2012

September Glossybox

Hello chaps!

Is it just me or do these seem to come around so quickly? It probably doesn't help that I subscribe to 3 monthly beauty boxes as well as flash boxes once or twice a month (ouch), depending on how many are released that I just have to have!

Anyhoo, lets get down to beezneez. This month's box was especially designed by illustrator Maggie Li, and is absolutely gorgeous! I know I moaned before about Beauty Boxes having more thought going into the box design than the contents before, but I reeeeally love this one. Definitely a keeper.



Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream


I'd been after a new eye cream, and despite already having this from a past issue of Glamour Magazine, I hadn't tried it yet. Partly because I have so many samples that I forgot about it. I have tried this already and I could definitely feel the difference in my eyes after I applied it, there was a noticeable tightening sensation. You do only need a tiny blob for both eyes as it can be quite sticky, so get it on in good time to let it sink in. I'd like to see how this fares against my ever-present, hereditary dark circles over time.

Maghrabian Hair Oil


This is a pretty good sized sample considering how little oil you need for an application. There are so many hair oils out there to choose from after all the buzz with argan oil and Moroccanoil, which I haven't tried. This looks to be in the same kind of vein, and is certainly quite expensive, yet still cheaper than Moroccanoil. I used it after washing almost immediately after receiving the box and although it felt nice, there were no obvious improvements. However, it did smooth down my ends when applied to dry hair, making it feel a bit softer and shinier, and it smells bootiful too, the fragrance lasts ages and I get a lovely whiff when my hair moves.

Vichy Idealia Day Care Cream


 I quite like Vichy as a brand, and so I'm looking forward to trying this out. I don't know if it will live up to its claims but that's the whole point of Beauty Boxes isn't it? It's dinky, smells good, and, you guessed it... it's pink. It's a fairly good sized sample too, even if the packaging is a little bulky.

Rodial 5 Minute Facial and Glamoxy Snake Serum


These look pretty great! I'm a leetle beet put off by the 'snake' in the title. I can only hope assume that this is just a gimmicky moniker, right? I know a lot of beauty bloggers aren't often happy about receiving anti-aging things in their boxes, but I'm 24 and have the beginnings of frown lines. You are never too young to start using anti-aging folks! prevention is better than cure, remember? The 5 Minute Facial clay mask sounds good too, but I think I'd need to use both of these sachets to get a decent application on me mug.

Lady Gaga 'Fame' Perfume


 Hooray! If you've read my post about how much I love this and how I've been overly attached to my poor battered tester card, you might have an idea of how excited I was to receive this! I don't mind receiving fragrance samples, but this was just perfect timing. Now I can at least use this sparingly on special occasions to keep me going until Santa comes. I keep seeing the ads for it on television and whimpering a little, it's a very me fragrance.

Overall I really liked this month's box, definitely better than last month's poor show (I now officially hate lipcote!). I don't mind a bit of skincare because I'll definitely use all of these.

What did you think of this month's GlossyBox? Love or hate? Favourite item?

Sticky kisses!

2 comments:

  1. i keep meaning to sign up for the box! just get distracted by shopping each payday!

    i love your blog :) and have nominated you for the liebster blog award

    follow the link below :D

    http://whenlifegavemelemonadee.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/liebster-blog-award.html

    Eve x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eve! That's amazing :D sorry it's taken so long to reply, I only just spotted your comment (d'oh). I'll start working on it, how exciting! I'm really chuffed...

      Swaf
      xxx

      Delete