Thursday 27 September 2012

Latest in Beauty Wedding Prep Box

Hello Chaps!

I know what you're thinking; 'yaaaawn, another beauty box!' but trust me, you're going to love this one. It's from Latest in Beauty and it's a flash box. Now, this one is a tad expensive - a one off of £30 - but it includes mostly full sizes of some really fab bits worth £105, so you really do get your money's worth. If all my beauty box subscriptions combined to be this good every month, it would cost me the same.




I should point out, that you don't need to be a bride to buy this box, yes that's the premise of it, but it's so chock full of lovelies who cares? It's geared towards getting you beautifully prepped for your big day, but it could be easily as useful if you have an event coming up, or even just for some pamper time. I've actually been engaged to Mr BNH for nearly 3 years, and our wedding day is still a long way off, but I can still daydream hey?



Holy Moly look at that! Phwoar. Most items in the box are full sized, but they're all pretty hefty samples. It's all so gorgeous I don't know where to start!


Dr Bragi Intensive Treatment Mask


Another Dr Bragi item - this usually retails for £10! It's a cloth mask which you are meant to apply for 15 minutes. It uses bio marine enzymes to moisturise, firm and plump up your skin. You can get it for £4 from Latest in Beauty's website. I'd like to save this for when I feel I really need it!

Etat Pur Radiant Complexion Care



This item confused me a little at first - I thought it was just a moisturising day treatment but it's actually tinted. It's meant to even your skintone out, make you look brighter and more radiant, moisturise, and give a 'no foundation' effect. I'd say it's about right for my summer colour, but it really doesn't offer any kind of coverage. Unless my skin really clears up, it's of no use to me alone - perhaps over some decent concealer on a good skin day it could work for me. It took a while to sink in when I did try it, but it did leave my skin feeling soft and smooth. I'll definitely give this a chance, as it sounds so promising. I'd like to try more from the Etat Pur range, particularly their Pure Actives. I received their Express Purifying Mask in a past JolieBox, which is a dream to apply and wash off! This is another full size item, worth £12.60 from their website.


Weleda Pomegranate Firming Serum


I've got a few samples from this range but still haven't tried them yet! This range is actually aimed at more mature, 40+ skin, but I always say it's never too early to look after your skin! It claims to re-hydrate and firm, so I will try and get around to using these up to see if I notice any improvement. I've got 2 7ml tubes and a 1ml sachet in my sample stash, which works out at half a full size! A 30ml bottle costs £34.95 from the Weleda website, but you can also try out some minis for just £12.95or even better, just £3 from Latest in Beauty!

Melvita Fresh Micellar Water


Something else that I've previously received from a Latest in Beauty Box, but I don't mind, because it smells lush, like roses. I have loads of Bioderma to use up but this is perfect for travelling. If it proves it can do a capable job of removing the last scraps of make-up from my face, I might be tempted to repurchase over the Bioderma, purely for the fragrance. It's £15 for 200ml, which isn't really much cheaper if like me, you order your Bioderma online. I could be tempted to try some of their other products from the Rose Nectar range. I just want it all, don't I?! Try a 35ml sample from Latest in Beauty for £3 here.

Richard Ward Couture Hair Tri-Active Serum with Argan Oil


I've used this a couple of times already, and can I just say, wow. This stuff made my hair feel so so soft! It felt like it was part serum, part hair oil, which I'm assuming is because of the Argan oil, but I applied to my damp ends and let my hair dry naturally, and used in conjunction with my super-duper Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Re-constructor (review coming!), my over-processed ends have been rescued from a terrible fate (having to be cut into a short bob again!). The only thing that puts me off about buying the full size is the price - it's £27 for 100ml. I'll finish my 50ml bottle and see how I feel about spending that amount of money, but I will certainly remember this if nothing else makes my hair feel as nourished. You can buy the 50ml size from Latest in Beauty for just £8 however - I'd recommend giving it a go!

Mirenesse Secret Weapon 24hr Mascara



This is a sample size, but it's what is referred to as a luxury sample size, meaning it'll keep you going for a good while. This mascara really intrigued me at first - it allegedly uses a 'micro wrap' formula that creates a tube around the lash, which lengthens it. I was actually a little bit perturbed by the thought of that - you're meant to gently pull them off at the end of the day, but when I tried it, both application and removal felt no different to a standard mascara.
I can't see myself ever buying the full size - it's $39.99 AUD (at the time of writing, this means £25.70 GBP), but if you spend £65 ($101 AUD), you get £25 off with the code LONDON. I get better results with drugstore stuff, so I'm sorry Mirenesse, but it's not for me.

The Vintage Cosmetics Company Lashes in Betty and Gracie



Wow! As if there wasn't enough loveliness in this box already, these are totally gorgeous and very exciting - not one, but two pair of lovely luscious lashes. There are five styles of lashes available from the range made by The Vintage Cosmetics Company: Connie, Kitty, Nancy, and the two I received, Betty and Gracie. Judging from Latest in Beauty's promotional picture, you will receive any two pairs. I feel really lucky as I'd looked at these lashes before, and Betty and Gracie are the two styles I'd gravitated towards previously. They cost £6 each from the website, which is well worth a look if like me, you love a bit of vintage style.

bellapierre Cosmetics - Mineral Blush in Desert Rose and Shimmer Powder in Wow!


Phew! Don't fret chaps, we're nearly finished now. I've heard of bellapierre but never really did any research. Both these samples are full size. When I first swatched the blusher I was a bit put off by how dark it was - I thought it might be a bit peachier, but it's quite a deep, dusky colour. It manages to look matte with the odd glitter particle at the same time. I'll try it out with a light hand, and if that doesn't work as a blush or even a contour shade, I'll pass it on to a friend or try it with more of a tan. Both powders apply smoothly and feel soft, as I would expect with mineral products.


I think that the shimmer powder was included with the intention of being a multi-use highlighter, but oh boy does it pack a punch in the sparkle stakes. It is shimmery and glittery at the same time! I love the pale rosy pink colour, if the blush had been a similar colour then it would have made me very happy indeed. Wow! is as outrageous as a Barry M dazzle dust - wearing this on my cheekbones would transport me to the age of spice girls and glitter gels in the mid-late 90's! Judging from the other shades of shimmer powders on the website, I'd assume this was meant for eye wear. With careful application it would make a lovely eyeshadow for nights out - perhaps it would work better blended with something else, but all I know is I don't want to be walking down the aisle on my big day with a disco ball for a face.


The Mineral Blush is a whopping £29.99 from the bellapierre website, (practically the cost of the whole box!) where the online swatches make it look a terrible deep red colour. Some shades are available for a more reasonable £10.80 via feelunique.com, whilst Shimmer Powders will set you back £12.99 individually, or £59.99 for stacks of 9 colours.

If you'd like to purchase your own Wedding Prep Box, you can do so for £30 from the Latest in Beauty website here, including delivery. Personally I think this is a fantastic box, I know I've mentioned this before but I love Latest in Beauty, as you know what you're getting, and nothing is ever disappointing. Snap it up now while you still can and sign up so you get a head's up on their other flash boxes - they sell out so quickly! I managed to order the most recent Editor's Picks Box, which has already sold out after less than 2 days - I was about to link it for you but I was too late - sorry guys :(

I'd better go to bed, I've had one of my 'can't sleep brain too awake!' moments, so I've been working on finishing this overdue post (damn internet connection) and it's now quarter to 2 in the morning, and I'm still not tired. I've had 5 days off of work with a weekend in the middle and now I'm dreading going back, I know how busy I'm going to be... boo! At least my new box of tricks will help me look a bit more refreshed and awake!


Sticky Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment